Wednesday, March 04, 2009

breezy



Illustration Friday: breezy

I had forgotten how much IF teaches me about how much I can't do. I love how the prompt can raise a number of ideas, and I generally go through them until I find something that I can convey with my current abilities. This week, it went like so:
  • Girl with her skirt and hair blowing in the wind. (Because I am already dreaming of summer.) I'm really bad at drawing clothes, but maybe looking at some clothing tutorials will help. Still no dice.
  • Next I think of my favorite video game of all time - Okami. I want to draw Amaterasu - either holding a brush or having her tail serve as a brush drawing the wind symbol - but can't do her justice.
  • So I finally end up with the above, a closeup of a brush and the stroke for wind. A little indirect, but hope my love for Okami and Ammy show through.

And if you haven't played Okami on PS2 or Wii, what are you waiting for?!

No comments: