I am planning to do a Fantasy story, because I get very caught up in details, and with Fantasy I can just make up whatever details I don't feel like researching :D Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be overly lazy; I've already been reading up on things like horses, boats, rivers, and physics (and learning quite a bit). There is just so much that I don't know in general, I know I'll have to concoct some of it. And so it is fortunate that the Fantasy genre exists, where readers will expect some creative license by the author :)
In any case, I have been busy building out my world and characters, and hoping that a plot will arise from this playstage.
I don't currently plan to feature Trogdor in the story, but you never know.Also in the spirit of planning, I put together a calendar for what my cumulative wordcount should be any given day in November. I found something like this very helpful when studying for an exam last year. Of course there were days when I fell behind, but knowing exactly how far I was behind or ahead (ha!) helped keep me on track.
I set up the spreadsheet with the assumption of writing a static number of words per day. You can export (File > Export) the document to Excel and change the rate to suit your own schedule.
If you try out the spreadsheet, drop me a comment. I put it together just because I'm an Excel nut, but it's always nice to know if other people have found it useful :)

1 comment:
Thanks for your comment! I enjoyed your site and great illustrations as well!
Good luck on NaNoWriMo . . . I've always wanted to try that too, but don't know if I have the guts you do :-) We'll see I guess. Thanks for the Excel link too . . . I had an idea for using Excel in I.F. over the weeked. If it works out I'll let you know since you're an Excel fan.
Post a Comment